LiveOverturned lorry on M5 slip road at Taunton

First published in News
Last updated

This live event has finished

Summary

  • Recovery work ongoing on entry slip road at junction 25
  • Slip road still passable

7:02am

RESURFACING work continues this morning on Lane two (of two).

10:17pm

TWO lanes are now closed due to the overturned lorry on M5 Northbound at J25 A358 (Taunton), updates from Avon and Somerset Police show.

Lanes one and two (of three) are closed for safety as a lorry nearby on the entry slip road is being recovered.
 

7:22pm

IT is thought the lane of the motorway will be recovered later tonight.

3:03pm

LANE two of the slip road is closed but there are no major delays. 

3:02pm

RECOVERY work is ongoing on the northbound entry slip road at junction 25 of the M5 at Taunton after a lorry overturned earlier. 

Comments (13)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:39pm Wed 26 Feb 14

nat_11 says...

Probably desperate to get into the hankerage estate to see what the deals are!

Typical men drivers
Probably desperate to get into the hankerage estate to see what the deals are! Typical men drivers nat_11
  • Score: -9

3:44pm Wed 26 Feb 14

ToytownTim says...

nat_11 wrote:
Probably desperate to get into the hankerage estate to see what the deals are!

Typical men drivers
Probably got cut up by a woman doing her makeup in the mirror..
[quote][p][bold]nat_11[/bold] wrote: Probably desperate to get into the hankerage estate to see what the deals are! Typical men drivers[/p][/quote]Probably got cut up by a woman doing her makeup in the mirror.. ToytownTim
  • Score: 9

4:12pm Wed 26 Feb 14

somersetvoyager says...

nat_11 wrote:
Probably desperate to get into the hankerage estate to see what the deals are!

Typical men drivers
I don't know any man that's desperate to go shopping. It seems you are confused about what an entry slip road is, so maybe he was avoiding a wrong-way lady driver!
[quote][p][bold]nat_11[/bold] wrote: Probably desperate to get into the hankerage estate to see what the deals are! Typical men drivers[/p][/quote]I don't know any man that's desperate to go shopping. It seems you are confused about what an entry slip road is, so maybe he was avoiding a wrong-way lady driver! somersetvoyager
  • Score: 2

4:50pm Wed 26 Feb 14

nat_11 says...

Bore off - poor judgment in abilitys obviously male, going to fast and unable to judge the load causes a vehicle to roll or they fell asleep and drove off the verge, hope the police check his log and drug test him!
Bore off - poor judgment in abilitys obviously male, going to fast and unable to judge the load causes a vehicle to roll or they fell asleep and drove off the verge, hope the police check his log and drug test him! nat_11
  • Score: -8

6:00pm Wed 26 Feb 14

FreeSpeech? says...

Yeah plenty of loony mums around at that time doing the school run in the Chelsea Tractor. See plenty around hear going to and from the school at mach1, soon be moaning though if their little darling got knocked down.
Yeah plenty of loony mums around at that time doing the school run in the Chelsea Tractor. See plenty around hear going to and from the school at mach1, soon be moaning though if their little darling got knocked down. FreeSpeech?
  • Score: 2

6:45pm Wed 26 Feb 14

On-it-like-sonic says...

FreeSpeech? wrote:
Yeah plenty of loony mums around at that time doing the school run in the Chelsea Tractor. See plenty around hear going to and from the school at mach1, soon be moaning though if their little darling got knocked down.
your comments got about as much relevance to the thread or the main article as some one talking about drills from B & Q , go back to sleep!
[quote][p][bold]FreeSpeech?[/bold] wrote: Yeah plenty of loony mums around at that time doing the school run in the Chelsea Tractor. See plenty around hear going to and from the school at mach1, soon be moaning though if their little darling got knocked down.[/p][/quote]your comments got about as much relevance to the thread or the main article as some one talking about drills from B & Q , go back to sleep! On-it-like-sonic
  • Score: -6

7:50pm Wed 26 Feb 14

FreeSpeech? says...

On-it-like-sonic wrote:
FreeSpeech? wrote:
Yeah plenty of loony mums around at that time doing the school run in the Chelsea Tractor. See plenty around hear going to and from the school at mach1, soon be moaning though if their little darling got knocked down.
your comments got about as much relevance to the thread or the main article as some one talking about drills from B & Q , go back to sleep!
Do you feel better for that slice of intellectual input, well perhaps if you took time out and read the first sexist comment you would realise that I was responding to that dimwit. On-it-like-gin-and-t
onic.
[quote][p][bold]On-it-like-sonic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]FreeSpeech?[/bold] wrote: Yeah plenty of loony mums around at that time doing the school run in the Chelsea Tractor. See plenty around hear going to and from the school at mach1, soon be moaning though if their little darling got knocked down.[/p][/quote]your comments got about as much relevance to the thread or the main article as some one talking about drills from B & Q , go back to sleep![/p][/quote]Do you feel better for that slice of intellectual input, well perhaps if you took time out and read the first sexist comment you would realise that I was responding to that dimwit. On-it-like-gin-and-t onic. FreeSpeech?
  • Score: 2

8:33pm Wed 26 Feb 14

frags27 says...

Here is a sensible comment, who cares if they are male or female, you get female lorry drivers you know, hope more importantly that he or she is ok and not hurt and everyone else is ok that is more important. And On it like Vomit that is a better saying.
Here is a sensible comment, who cares if they are male or female, you get female lorry drivers you know, hope more importantly that he or she is ok and not hurt and everyone else is ok that is more important. And On it like Vomit that is a better saying. frags27
  • Score: 12

10:55pm Wed 26 Feb 14

notasnarrowmindedasmost says...

nat_11 wrote:
Bore off - poor judgment in abilitys obviously male, going to fast and unable to judge the load causes a vehicle to roll or they fell asleep and drove off the verge, hope the police check his log and drug test him!
Shame your Mum didn't have a dope test , there would have been one less imbecile on here .
[quote][p][bold]nat_11[/bold] wrote: Bore off - poor judgment in abilitys obviously male, going to fast and unable to judge the load causes a vehicle to roll or they fell asleep and drove off the verge, hope the police check his log and drug test him![/p][/quote]Shame your Mum didn't have a dope test , there would have been one less imbecile on here . notasnarrowmindedasmost
  • Score: 5

9:20am Thu 27 Feb 14

nat_11 says...

notasnarrowmindedasm
ost
wrote:
nat_11 wrote:
Bore off - poor judgment in abilitys obviously male, going to fast and unable to judge the load causes a vehicle to roll or they fell asleep and drove off the verge, hope the police check his log and drug test him!
Shame your Mum didn't have a dope test , there would have been one less imbecile on here .
it's probably is the most intellectual comment on here as it was written by a woman!
[quote][p][bold]notasnarrowmindedasm ost[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nat_11[/bold] wrote: Bore off - poor judgment in abilitys obviously male, going to fast and unable to judge the load causes a vehicle to roll or they fell asleep and drove off the verge, hope the police check his log and drug test him![/p][/quote]Shame your Mum didn't have a dope test , there would have been one less imbecile on here .[/p][/quote]it's probably is the most intellectual comment on here as it was written by a woman! nat_11
  • Score: -3

10:41am Thu 27 Feb 14

FreeSpeech? says...

nat_11 wrote:
notasnarrowmindedasm

ost
wrote:
nat_11 wrote:
Bore off - poor judgment in abilitys obviously male, going to fast and unable to judge the load causes a vehicle to roll or they fell asleep and drove off the verge, hope the police check his log and drug test him!
Shame your Mum didn't have a dope test , there would have been one less imbecile on here .
it's probably is the most intellectual comment on here as it was written by a woman!
Said by a woman. HaHa
[quote][p][bold]nat_11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notasnarrowmindedasm ost[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nat_11[/bold] wrote: Bore off - poor judgment in abilitys obviously male, going to fast and unable to judge the load causes a vehicle to roll or they fell asleep and drove off the verge, hope the police check his log and drug test him![/p][/quote]Shame your Mum didn't have a dope test , there would have been one less imbecile on here .[/p][/quote]it's probably is the most intellectual comment on here as it was written by a woman![/p][/quote]Said by a woman. HaHa FreeSpeech?
  • Score: 1

10:51am Thu 27 Feb 14

FreeSpeech? says...

As a lorry driver myself I found your comments ill judged and offensive considering that lorry drivers died at that same junction a few years ago. The drivers I work with are extremely professional compared with the dimwits and bints they have to contend with on the roads, we have to undergo rigorous assessments and ongoing training. Maybe that is why we only have two female drivers that I know of as they cannot carry out the job?
Will add that for your information we do not use "Logs" we have a new fangled thing called "Digicards".
As a lorry driver myself I found your comments ill judged and offensive considering that lorry drivers died at that same junction a few years ago. The drivers I work with are extremely professional compared with the dimwits and bints they have to contend with on the roads, we have to undergo rigorous assessments and ongoing training. Maybe that is why we only have two female drivers that I know of as they cannot carry out the job? Will add that for your information we do not use "Logs" we have a new fangled thing called "Digicards". FreeSpeech?
  • Score: 4

6:37pm Thu 27 Feb 14

notasnarrowmindedasmost says...

nat_11 wrote:
notasnarrowmindedasm

ost
wrote:
nat_11 wrote:
Bore off - poor judgment in abilitys obviously male, going to fast and unable to judge the load causes a vehicle to roll or they fell asleep and drove off the verge, hope the police check his log and drug test him!
Shame your Mum didn't have a dope test , there would have been one less imbecile on here .
it's probably is the most intellectual comment on here as it was written by a woman!
Good one , now get back to those dishes before the water gets cold . Oh and by the way its "Hankridge" and "abilities" just saying ;-))
[quote][p][bold]nat_11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notasnarrowmindedasm ost[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nat_11[/bold] wrote: Bore off - poor judgment in abilitys obviously male, going to fast and unable to judge the load causes a vehicle to roll or they fell asleep and drove off the verge, hope the police check his log and drug test him![/p][/quote]Shame your Mum didn't have a dope test , there would have been one less imbecile on here .[/p][/quote]it's probably is the most intellectual comment on here as it was written by a woman![/p][/quote]Good one , now get back to those dishes before the water gets cold . Oh and by the way its "Hankridge" and "abilities" just saying ;-)) notasnarrowmindedasmost
  • Score: 3

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree