*Ilminster Blues U-11 2, Ash Rovers 2

ILMINSTER Blues travelled to Martock on the back of some encouraging performances but knew they were against tough opponents in Ash.

After a very tight opening 20 minutes, Ash took the lead with two quickfire goals, catching the Blues out on the break.

Just before half time AJ was brought down in the area, dusted himself downand fired the resulting penalty into the top corner to make it 2-1 at half-time.

Half way through the second half Sam Sheldrake beat two Ash defenders to send Sam Grinter through to make it 2-2.

The Blues had to endure torrid pressure from Ash but the home side couldnot get past man of the match Toby Willetts.

*Yeovil and District Youth League: Avishayes Falcons U-10s 3, Lyde Locomotives 6

FOLLOWING on from their 7-6 victory over IIchester Larks, Falcons were at home to Lyde for their sixth league match of the season on Saturday.

Playing conditions were excellent but the Falcons made a slow start and allowed the Locos to take charge of the game.

It wasn’t long before the Locos scored and the goals just kept coming until half-time when they had established a 5-0 lead.

The Locos worked very hard during the first 25 minutes, they were always first to the ball and closed the Falcons down very quickly when they were in defence. This high work-rate took its toll on the Locos and the Falcons started to get back into the game during the second-half.

Falcons had several near-misses before Christopher Hollick found the target. They continued to press forward and a comeback was looking possible until the Locos broke through and scored a sixth goal.

Falcons kept going and Hollick scored a further two goals to complete his hat-trick. Falcons were the better side in second-half but it was too late to recover from their poor start.

The previous Saturday, goals from Christopher Hollick (4) and Luke Young (3) gave Falcons and 7-6 victory over Ilchester Larks.

*Ilchester Titans 9, Avishayes Combe Raiders U-11s 0

AVISHAYES struggled to find any rhythm against a strong Ilchester side who dominated from start to finish.

With a couple of players struggling with injury and illness it was always going to require a good effort from everyone else, but after the third goal went in heads dropped.

William Allen did well in goal as did Danny Grabham, Dominic Lane, Luis Lopes, Jack Nagy and man of the match, Fraser Lewis.

Nagy went close on a couple of occasions after being put through by Lewis and Owen Richardson but apart from that chances were few and far between. A storming run by Jim Courtnell down the left ended in a weak cross and Timmy Pedlar had a shot from distance but those apart most of the game was about defending.

Kai Coulstock, Tom Rawles and Neil Parkes completed the line-up.

*Ilminster 9, Merriott Cobras U-9 0

COBRAS kicked off and went straight for goal, only to be robbed of the ball on the edge of the box and then Ilminster took the ball up to the Cobra's end and scored.

It then followed a pattern of the Cobras getting pinned into their own half, unable to win the ball and with Ilminster scoring on regular intervals.

Keeper Harry Quinn played his part in keeping the score down with some breathtaking saves but Ilminster led 7-0 going into the second half.

After the break, Cobras were unable to turn all their pressure into goals.

Ilminster eventually Ilminster did find a way past man of the match Quinn and they managed to score another two goals.

*Wincanton 4, Merriott Falcons U-10 3

MERRIOTT Falcons started well but two lapses in concentration let Wincanton in to a two goal lead.

Wincanton seized the initiative and added a further two to go into half-time four goals to the good.

The Falcons started the second half playing with more ambition and dedication. Rhys Hughes Williams and Charlie Pettinger combined well to notch two quick goals – was a seemingly unlikely revival on? Falcons continued to press, while man of the match Luke Robins, playing a holding role just in front the defence mopped up well and really showed his class.

Wincanton had a few shots on target but these were saved well by Rhys Evans in goal. On a further attack Wincanton conceded an own goal but Falcons couldn’t find an equaliser and were left to rue their slow start to the game.

*Merriott Saints U-14s 6, Wincanton 0

MERRIOTT Saints started strongly with Sam Noake scoring after only four minutes after a great ball from Dom Vincent.

Kieran Tanner scored the second 16 minutes later with a great strike outside the box and Charlie Bartlett added the third with a superb right foot volley from 25 yards out.

Travis Sansom made it 4-0 30 seconds into the second half with some good work in midfield and a pin point cross from Luke Welch.

Charlie scored his second on 55 minutes with some good football, down the left flank the Saints finished off the scoring with a fantastic strike from Travis just inside the Wincanton half way line.

Man of the Match was shared between Kieran Pollock and Luke Welch.

*Pen Mill U-14 7, Perry Street 0

PERRY Street could not match their performance of the previous two weeks and found the Pen Mill forwards in devastating form.

On five minutes, poor marking from a corner allowed a free header to open the scoring. This was followed by a deflected shot, which looped over keeper Richardson’s head.

Perry Street reorganised and played some good football. Potter and Machattie went close after good work by bond and the impressive Pedlar tried hard.

On the stroke of half-time, Pen Mill added a third against the run of play as the defence missed chances to clear.

With the wind at their backs, the visitors felt they had a chance in the second half. These thoughts were dispelled within 30 seconds as the home side scored from 25 yards. Perry Street continued to press and create chances, but could not match the finishing of their classy opponents.

Man of the match was Josh Rawler.