*Ilminster Blues 3, South Cheriton 2

ILMINSTER secured their first win of the season in this exciting match.

South Cheriton scored first against the run of play, but Sam Sheldrake soon equalised with a sharp finish.

In the second-half, Sam Grinter and Lewis Williams combined to force an own goal but a defensive mix up led to South Cheriton equalising.

Harry Brown, Sam Sweet and Sam Ginno pushed forward and Lewis scored a fantastic winner to complete an excellent team performance.

Lewis was again man of the match.

*Bishops Lydeard v Avishayes Combe B Under-16 AVISHAYES’ first game of the season was away to Bishops Lydeard.

Lydeard started the stronger side and scoring after only seven minutes.

Combe then dug deep and played some good football going in at half-time trailing 2-1 with an excellent goal scored by Brad Cleal.

Second-half saw Lydeard have to defend strongly against a determined Combe side. But against the run of play Lydeard increased their lead, only for Ryan Baker to close the gap with a spectacular shot from 25 yards.

This was followed by an impressive 40 yard shot from Brendan Luesley which hit the back of the net.

But some questionable referee decisions in favour of Lydeard saw them come out winners on the day.

*Avishayes Combe Under-12 1, Aller Park Under-12 8

THIS was Combe’s third fixture of the season. The first against Pen Mill was won 4-3 courtesy of goals from Calum Priddle (penalty), George Read, Bradley Cambridge and an own goal following a Ryan Scott free kick.

The second fixture saw Combe win the local derby against Perry Street 7-0. A great goal by Read opened the scoring, with Sam Hollis, Callum Larcombe, Ollie Harris (two) and Priddle (two) also adding to the total.

Goalkeeper Willis Lawrence kept his defence in the picture with some decisive calling and collecting. Dylan Gough confirmed his early season promise.

Avishayes were way to Aller last weekend and what a rude awakening. They found themselves 4-0 down at half-time with Combe ending up losing 8-1 with Hollis grabbing a consolation goal.

The scoreline flattered and Combe could have scored a goal or two more, but like all good and organised teams, Aller seemed to be everywhere.

*Honiton 0, Chard Town Under-15 8

CHARD have entered the East Devon League this season and travelled to Honiton for their first league game.

Having only the minimum number of players the boys produced some excellent football and after 15 minutes Chard were 4-0 up with goals scored by Ryan Mason, Kieron Bailey (two) Nathan Finn (pen).

In the second-half Honiton went to five players at the back which made it difficult for Chard but with some outstanding play Chard managed to score four more goals – thanks Ryan Mason, Luke Finn (two) and George Best.

The Honiton keeper produced some excellent saves during the game to prevent Chard scoring even more.Chard would like to thank the Dolphin Inn for providing them with a new kit this season and Easy Brick for donating training t-shirts.

*Merriott Glovers 6, Ilminster Whites Under-11 2

AFTER a good win against Somerton in midweek, Ilminster Whites Under-11s came down to earth with a bump, going down 6–2 away against Merriot Glovers on Saturday.

In the first-half, both teams were evenly matched, and at half-time the score was 2–2.

But Merriott came out the stronger team in the secondhalf and were soon 3–2 up.

The Ilminster defence then had to dig deep, but could not stop an on form Merriott team finding the back of the net a further three times making the final score 6–2.

Ilminster’s first-half goals were scored by Bradley from a well-struck penalty and from Jimmy who raced onto a well weighted cross from Sam.

*Ash Rovers 3, Avishayes Combe Under-11s 5.

MAN-of-the match was hattrick hero Owen Richardson but the difference between the sides was the goalkeeping of William Allen.

Richardson collected his first when Neil Parkes’ long drive could not be held by the Ash ‘keeper and Richardson followed up well.

His second was a left-footed that gave the keeper no chance but only came after Ash had equalised.

Again Ash came back but Avishayes took the lead with another close range effort by Richardson and then Bradley Minchinton added a superb fourth.

Ash pulled another goal back but Fraser Lewis regained the two goal advantage, with a header after Danny Grabham’s shot hit the bar.

Luis Lopes, Mark Bulgin, Tom Rawles and Angelo Moreira all played well and Jim Courtnell worked hard to ensure Avishayes stayed in the lead.

At the back Kai Coulstock, Timmy Pedlar and, in particular, Dominic Lane formed a solid unit.

Another good performance.

*Aller Park 8, Avishayes Combe Under-11s 0

AVISHAYES ended their unbeaten run, stretching back to January 2009, with a heavy defeat to a very good Aller Park team.

The game started evenly with Avishayes defending well and looking to counter-attack.

A freak goal gave Aller the lead and the advantage was doubled soon after. Despite the score-line William Allen played well in goal but had little protection from a free-flowing Aller Team.

Avishayes forwards Fraser Lewis, Owen Richardson, Luis Lopes and Tom Rawles were largely spectators as the midfield tried hard to match the skill of the home team.

Robert P, Danny Grabham, Jim Courtnell, Paulo Borges, Angelo Moreira and Neil Parkes all tried their best but just couldn’t cope.

Aaron Larcombe, Kai Coulstock and m-o-t-m Timmy Pedlar worked hard but couldn’t clear their lines.

Five goals down at half-time, Avishayes kept trying to play football but Aller deserved the score.

*Aller Park Under-10s 1, Avishayes Falcons Under-10s 2

AVISHAYES Falcons continued their unbeaten run with a 2-1 away victory over Aller Park at Somerton.

The game started briskly with both teams working hard and creating early scoring opportunities.

After a period of deadlock the Falcons gradually gained the upper hand and started to put increasing pressure on the Aller Park defence, this resulted in a goal from Christopher Hollick who put the Falcons ahead midway through the firsthalf.

Despite continued Falcons pressure Aller Park defended well and it was still 1-0 at the interval.

The second-half started with Aller Park regrouped and on the offensive and they had few scoring chances before Christopher Hollick netted a second Falcons goal after a mix-up in the Aller Park defence.

This was a hammer blow to Aller Park and at 2-0 the Falcons looked home and dry, but Aller Park had other ideas and were eventually rewarded with a goal ten minutes before full-time.

The Falcons had a few nervous moments after this set-back but they were determined to maintain their lead and finished the match very strongly.

■ PLEASE send us your youth team match reports by emailing newsdesk@chardandilminsternews.co.uk or sport@chardandilminsternews.co.uk

■ We would like your match reports by 12noon on a Monday please.

■ We look forward to hearing form you!