SOUTH Petherton kept their noses in front of the Premier Division pack with a hard-working 3-2 win at Misterton on Saturday.

With little between the teams, the home side went in front but leaders Pethy hit back with goals from Danny Rendall, Michael Donald and Nathan Storey.

They hung on for victory, despite being down to 10 men for 60 minutes following a second yellow and nine men for 10 minutes in a fiery encounter.

Second-placed Merriott kept in touch when they coasted to a 6-0 win at home to Chard Utd.

Jamie Spurdle (2), Joss Knowles, Ben Gentle, Adam Dawe and Craig Dabinett were their scorers.

In Division 1, unbeaten Crewkerne Rangers welcomed leaders Pymore and beat the top dogs 4-0.

On target for the Rangers were Michael Calverley (2), Liam Bagwell and Scott Jennings.

Zak Hawker scored the only goal as Waytown Hounds beat visitors Misterton Res.

Forton Rangers travelled to bottom club Charmouth and won 5-2, while Shepton Beauchamp picked up their first win of the season, a 3-0 victory at fellow strugglers Uplyme.

It’s still neck-and-neck at the top of Division 2 with the top three sides winning.

Leaders Lyme Regis Rovers welcomed Crewkerne Rangers Res and won 2-0.

Sam Grinter hit a hat-trick for Dowlish Wake & Donyatt as they ‘visited’ Donyatt Utd and won 4-1.

Josh Bellew added their other goal.

Five points back, in third, Combe Res enjoyed a comfortable 4-1 victory at Chard Rangers.

Neil Govier, Alfie Robins, Jordan Capper and Thomas Lee were their goalscorers.

There were no Division 3 matches scheduled with teams occupied by the John Fowler Cup.

Most extraordinary result of the day came at Kingsbury Episcopi where the home side took on Ilminster Town B.

The match produced 13 goals after going to extra time and one visiting player receiving a red card.

The scored were all square at 5-5 after ‘normal’ time, with John Bartlett (2), Callum Smith, Liam Sumner and Matt Vinall scoring for the plucky Ilminster youngsters.

However, Kingsbury, currently leading Division 3, pulled away in the final half-hour to pick up an 8-5 win.

The match between visitors Combe St Nicholas A and Farway Utd 2nds went to form with Combe running out 4-1 winners.

Goals from Steve Baker, Sam Bond, Max Patch and Joel Smith saw them through to the next round.

The derby match between Merriott Saints and Merriott Dynamos ended with a win for hosts Saints.

Danny Baker (2) and Oliver Whatley ensured a 3-1 win for the home side, with Michael Hill’s goal keeping it interesting until the final whistle.

Edward Taswell and Ben Harding were on target for Thorncombe Res as they edged home 2-1 against visitors Crewkerne Rangers A.

Ilminster Town will have two teams through to the next round of the Daisy Hutchings Cup.

The Reserves side faced a tough test at home to Halstock and the match was goalless after normal time.

However, Sam Hodkinson sealed the tie for the home side by scoring the only goals of the game.

Ilminster A were also at home, to Chard Utd Res, and had an easier ride, winning 5-0.

Bruno Domingues struck twice and there were goals from Triston Beach, Guy Dare and Kaymon Lisney.

In the Somerset Intermediate Cup, South Petherton Res travelled to Parson Street Old Boys Res, near Bristol, and were beaten 2-0.