Uhlsport Somerset County League Premier Division

Stockwood Wanderers 2, Chard Town 2

CHARD Town saw an early two-goal lead wiped out by Stockwood Wanderers as the Robins picked up their first away point of the season at the fifth attempt.

On a poor playing surface, Chard started well, forcing a couple of corners from which Ryan Parris headed over.

After seven minutes Stockwood were caught in possession attempting to play out from the back and Danny Green slipped the ball into James Boyland to square for Tom Stephens-Fouracre, who opened the scoring from close range.

Chard went further ahead on 19 minutes when Boyland robbed a defender to run through and slot the ball past the 'keeper.

Chard continued to dominate with Boyland cleverly beating two defenders but his cross shot deflected off the post.

Stockwood pushed more men forward in the second half and Owen Searle made a couple of saves, while at the other end Boyland and Green were a constant threat.

Chard appeared to have weathered any home pressure but started to overplay and Stockwood pulled a goal back on 73 minutes.

From the resultant restart Chard were really sloppy and a Stockwood player picked up a misplaced crossfield pass and hit an unstoppable equalizer from 25 yards.

Chard held onto their point but should have had the game wrapped up in the first half.

Chard: Searle, Lukins, Cleal L, Parris, Richardson, Board, Gracie, Stephens-Fouracre, Harper, Boyland, Green. Subs Mason, Jones (both used)

Macron Devon & Exeter League Division 1

Alphington Res 1, Chard Town Res 3

IN an eventful game at Alphington, Chard reserves returned with all three points in a 3-1 win.

Chard led 1-0 at the break, when a great overlapping run by Liam Male saw him hit a low first-time shot under the 'keeper after 20 minutes.

The second half started with a bang with Chard 'keeper Alex Cunnold saving a penalty, then Chard having a player sin binned and Christian Blango blasting a penalty over for Chard.

However, a second Chard goal followed when a superb right wing cross by Dan Collins was headed home by Blango from six yards.

Alphington pulled one back but Harry Perren made the game safe with a third Chard goal, gathering the ball 40 yards out, cutting across a defender before dinking the ball over the advancing 'keeper.