MINSTER Miler Keiron Chapman ran the Minster Challenge in Axminster on Sunday, overcoming 7.5 miles of muddy, hilly trail.

He completed the challenge in a time of 01:06:30.

Ellie Hayes, Sally Jenner-Hurford and Sue Ripley took part in Bournemouth Half Marathon.

The course was fairly flat which followed the coastal route taking in Boscombe and Bournemouth piers.

Hayes came home in 2:08:13, Jenner-Hurford in 2:13:59 and Ripley in 2:22:49.

The Honiton Sprint Triathlon was the challenge for Elizabeth and Craig Fox.

This consisted of three disciplines - 400 metres swim, 20K bike and 5K run.

In pleasant weather, Elizabeth completed: swim - 11:16; bike - 47:49; run - 29:30; total - 1:32:15.

Craig: swim - 8:23; cycle - 38:53; run - 23:11; total - 1:13:01.

Louise Mackley went to Wales to take part in the Cardiff Half Marathon, now a televised event.

Mackley ran the 13.1-mile course with Minster Miler Mouse.

Starting outside Cardiff Castle and the Principality and Cardiff City Stadiums, Mackley took in the views of Penarth Marina and Cardiff Bay to come home in a fine time of 2:11:20.

Wednesday is training night or 5K run. Meet at the Archie Gooch Pavilion at 7pm for 7.15pm start. High-vis and head torches are mandatory - all abilities welcome.


SEVEN Chard Road Runners were on the start line for the aptly-named Minster Challenge.

Jack Dickenson, Simon Hall, Claire Pomeroy, Gary Wheaton, Helen Baxter, Lizzy Cox and Nicky Smith were all enticed with this trail race and Dickenson was the first club runner home, finishing in 14th place in 58:44.

Hall overcame a recurring back problem to come over the line next for the club in 1:20:07.

Pomeroy and Wheaton battled it out but Claire won through, crossing the line in 1:23:33 with Gary 20 seconds behind in 1:23:53.

Baxter finished in 1:27:28 with Cox very close behind in 1:29:19 and Smith coming home in 1:51:21.

Paul Masters headed for the Clarendon Trail Marathon, a challenging event following the Clarendon Way from Salisbury to Winchester.

Six miles in, Masters was making good progress before taking a fall over some tree roots, causing cuts and fast swelling knee.

Despite this, Masters made steady progress and crossed in 4:35:15.