THORNCOMBE notched an emphatic 8-2 win against high-flyers Forton Rangers to maintain their slender lead at the top of Division 1.

Two goals apiece from Nathan Finn and Liam Male and strikes from John Allen, Lee Fisher, Karl Smith and Liam Whitworth completed the mauling.

With two games to go, Perry Street & Yonder Hill Res and Waytown Hounds are still in the title and promotion race.

The Hounds saw off Misterton Res 7-0, John Kingston (2), Dan Bond, Ollie Hoole, Jon Legg, Tom Rutland and Morgan Napier on target.

Ilminster Town Res were held to a 2-2 draw by plucky Netherbury, with Tom Fletcher and Dan Smith scoring for the Town.

With the Premier title settled, second-placed Winsham Utd kept the flag aloft with a 4-0 win at home to Halstock.

A Dan Norman double and goals from Matthew Crabb and Tony Harwood were enough.

Misterton won 7-0 at relegated Pymore while Barrington brought a disappointing season to a close with a 5-1 defeat at Farway Utd, Mike Cropper scoring their consolation.

South Petherton Res have won the Division 2 after a double victory.

On Wednesday, they beat Crewkerne Ranger Res 4-0, then a Jamie Evans strike saw them to a title-clinching victory at Chard Utd Res. Two goals from Luke Knight and goals from Rob Webb and Sam Sheldrake were enough for Dowlish & Donyatt to beat visitors Crewkerne Rangers Res 4-2.

Charmouth visited Forton Res and won 3-1.

In Division 3, Merriott Dynamos hold the destiny of the title in their hands.

They entertain leaders Winsham Utd Res on Saturday then travel to second-placed Lyme Rovers the following week, with a point between the sides.

Thorncombe Res lost 0-1 at home to Chard Rangers Res, while Merriott Wildcats were 4-1 winners at home to Netherbury Res, Danny Baker hitting a hat-trick and Ken Forbes adding the other.

Combe B beat Ilminster B 3-2 away, with Broaden Harris, Keiran Wilmington and Jack Dallimore scoring for the winners.

In the Kenny Hodges Cup semi-finals, Uplyme beat Donyatt 6-0, while Chard Rangers won a seven-goal thriller 4-3 against Ilminster Town A, Jake Coulstock (2) and Craig Stuckey scoring for Town.

A goal from Chris Watson and an own goal saw Hawkchurch win the Arthur Gage Cup final against favourites Perry Street Res at Tiger Way on Friday evening.