Toolstation Western League First Division
Warminster 3, Chard Town 1

CHARD Town suffered their first league defeat since September to end a run of seven matches unbeaten at Warminster on Saturday.

Warminster started the game at a fast pace and took a 28th minute lead through Eben Mortimer-Taylor. 

Chard began to get a foothold in the game and, having upped the tempo, drew level three minutes later through Jack Dicker with a close range finish, following a corner. 

The visitors had the better of the rest of the first half, with James Boyland, Liam Cleal and newcomer Elliot Bevis all going close.

Warminster were quick out of the traps after the restart and were back in front on 47 minutes as Mark Young scored with a 25 yard shot on the turn that went in off the post. 

Play was fairly even, but a killer third Warminster goal after 64 minutes made it 3-1, when a back pass was under hit and Charlie Walton nipped in to score.

Chard pressed forward to try and rescue something, with good efforts from Bevis and Matt Howell, but it was not their day.

Chard boss Paul Down did not want to make any excuses, but said: "The absence of Ollie Pearson and Taoufik Ben Salem were major factors in our disappointing display. However, we need to overcome these situations."

Chard: Jon Hill, Ben Haines, Andy Holmes, Keiran Bailey, Pat Golden, Max Westlake, Jack Dicker, Matt Howell, Liam Cleal, Elliot Bevis, James Boyland. Subs Dave Duarte (Golden), Luke Jackson (Liam Cleal) & Octavio Lima (Keiran Bailey).

Macron Devon & Exeter League Division 1
Chard Reserves 2, Wellington Reserves 1

CHARD reserves made it five wins from the last six games with a hard fought 2-1 home success against neighbours Wellington reserves on Saturday.

Chard dominated the opening 30 minutes and took a fifth minute lead, when Gary Warren's inswinging corner kick went straight into the net. 

On 20 minutes it was 2-0 when Dan Anjos robbed a defender and slipped the ball past the onrushing 'keeper. 

With Chard in total control, Darren Contreras drove a shot against a post.

Against the run of play, Wellington pulled one back, when slack defensive play saw a forward score at the second attempt, after Chard 'keeper Alex Cunnold had blocked the first effort.

Wellington improved after the break, but with Chard defending well could not manage a shot on target. 

It was Will Willetts who went closest for Chard with a cross shot just wide. 

Chard played the last 20 minutes with 10 men after Sam Symes picked up a second yellow card. 

There was still time for Contreras to fire narrowly over looking for a third Chard goal. 

Chard: Alex Cunnold, Ryan Mason, Gary Warren, Chris Atyeo, Andre Anjos, Sam Symes, Jake Board (Harry Boddington), Darren Contreras, Will Willetts, Jay Stewart (Owen Dodd), Dan Anjos.

ILMINSTER Town’s Somerset County Premier/Division 1 League cup last 16 match away at Shirehampton was a victim of the bad weather on Saturday and the match now rolls on to this Saturday (ko 2pm).

The Reserves are home against third in the table and Dawlish-based Black Swan Town at the Archie Gooch Pavilion (ko 2.15pm)

On Saturday, the Reserves, with a sickness bug in the camp, managed to field a side but went down 8-0 at Exeter Central, who they had beaten 2-1 the previous week.

Central were much stronger with striker Darren Lampitt leading the line, scoring a hat-trick and proving the big difference between the sides.