AN ILTON man who kicked off when police were called to a caravan site following reports of a disturbance was threatened with a taser and quelled by PAVA spray when he refused to calm down.

Officers went to Chubbards Cross Caravan site in the middle of the night and when they found Barry Wilfie Isaacs stood in the doorway to his caravan they asked him to leave but he became aggressive.

Shouting and swearing, the defendant made a number of threats of violence to the police and members of their families before eventually being detained.

When he appeared before Somerset Magistrates, his solicitor Ray Peters said tensions had been running high as Isaacs was due to attend court the following day where the someone was due to be sentenced for murdering his father.

RELATED: Broadway brothers found guilty of murder and manslaughter sentenced for Wilf Isaacs shooting

As a result of his arrest and subsequent detention, he was unable to be present when the prison sentences were handed out.

Isaacs, 28, of Chubbards Cross, Ilton, pleaded guilty to using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or disorderly behaviour likely to cause somebody harassment, alarm or distress on December 7 last year.

He also admitted wilfully obstructing a police constable in the execution of his duty.

Police were called to the site at 12.30am someone pressed a panic alarm that the police had installed.

Prosecutor Emma Lenanton said: “He shouted: ‘You are not arresting me, if you are then sorry it is going to be the worst…I am going to kick off.’

“One of the officers drew his pava spray and Isaacs shouted ‘Why are you holding that thing? I will wrap that taser round your throat’ and he then moved towards them and they feared they would be attacked.

“One of the officers grabbed the defendant by his wrist and pushed him against a wall and another sprayed him with the PAVA spray to his face."

The magistrates imposed a 12 month conditional discharge on Isaacs and ordered him to pay £50 towards costs and a £20 victim surcharge.