A VEHICLE caught fire in Ilminster on Christmas Eve (December 24).

Fire engines from Ilminster and Chard were sent to reports of a vehicle on fire at The Incline in the early hours of the morning.

The vehicle was 100 per cent damaged by fire.

And the cause of the fire, which started around 2.15pm, was accidental.

"On arrival at the scene fire crews reported the vehicle well alight and set to work with two breathing apparatus wearers and two hosereel jets to extinguish the fire,"said a spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue.

"A thermal image camera was also used to monitor hotspots."