A CONSERVATORY was destroyed by fire after a person burning paper lost control.

Fire crews were called to a rented property in Henhayes Lane, Crewkerne, at 5pm today (Sunday).

The blaze also left the rest of the two-storey home smoke logged.

After putting out the fire, firefighters ventilated the property, stripped back timber, checked areas with thermal imaging cameras and helped the occupant find alternative accommodation.

Nobody was injured, but the property was left uninhabitable.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "The cause of the fire has been confirmed as accidental after the occupant started burning paper to the rear of the property and it got out of control."