CREWS tackled a fire that broke out in a Yeovil flat.

It happened yesterday, Thursday, April 14, on Ritchie Road.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Crews from Yeovil attended a domestic fire in a flat on Ritchie Road in Yeovil.

“The fire was contained within the airing cupboard of the flat and was extinguished by crews using four breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one safety jet, one thermal imaging camera, and positive pressure ventilation. The cause of the fire was accidental.”