A bathroom was severely damaged by fire this morning.

Crews from Chard Fire station attended the incident at an Axminster home at around 11.30am.

A spokesperson from the Devon & Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: "On arrival, crews entered wearing breathing apparatus with one hose reel jet, a thermal imaging camera and a carbon monoxide detector.

"Once the fire was out, crews checked for fire spread with small tools."

There was severe damage to the shower and bathroom caused by fire and smoke.

It is believed the cause of the fire was accidental.