A PIZZA oven caused a shed fire in Yeovil during the early hours of this morning (April 26).

Two fire engines from Yeovil attended the incident on Ritchie Road at around 1.30am.

The shed fire also spread to a neighbouring shed and caused 100 per cent damage to both.

"On arrival, the incident commander confirmed that a shed, which had spread to a neighbouring property was well alight," said a spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue.

"Crews quickly got to work to extinguish the fire using breathing apparatus, hose reel jets, a safety jet, thermal imaging cameras and drag forks.

"This fire caused 100 per cent damage to the shed and a neighbouring shed, along with fire and heat damage to a garage and conservatory."