A FIRE crew from Yeovil were sent to reports of a caravan and a boat on fire this morning (April 23).

The cause is thought to have been an unattended bonfire nearby.

One fire engine from Sherborne also attended the incident on Oborne Road, Milborne Port at around 8am.

The caravan and the boat were completely destroyed by the fire.

"Crews extinguished the fire using one hose reel jet," said a spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.

"The cause of the fire was believed to have been an unattended bonfire nearby."