A BUNGALOW in Ashill was left severely damaged following a fire.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service were called at 12:36am on Sunday (June 16) to reports of a smoke inside a property in School Lane

Fire engines from Ilminster, Chard and Taunton were sent to the scene and when they arrived crews confirmed there was a fire involving the roof of a bungalow and requested further assistance.

Two fire engines from Taunton and one from Bridgwater, a Water Carrier from Bridgwater and a welfare unit from Burnham on Sea were sent to assist.

After the fire was extinguished firefighters discovered there was 50 per cent fire damage and 70 per cent smoke damage to the property.

The fire service said the cause of the fire was accidental.