"WE will miss him and he will always be in our hearts."

Those are the words of the family of Iain Mitchell-Snudden, who was found dead at Taunton Bus Station on August 7, 2018.

At an inquest at Taunton Coroner's Court on Thursday (April 18) senior coroner Tony Williams concluded that the 32-year-old of Somerton died as a result of the combined effects of synthetic cannabinoids and alcohol.

Mr Mitchell-Snudden's family paid tribute to him at the inquest and described him as a "kind and caring man" and said he will "always be in our hearts".

A statement from Michael Burke, a carer who Mr Mitchell-Snudden lived with at Hazlehurst Farm in Somerton, who said he had learning difficulties and he became worried about him after he did not return home from a day trip to Taunton on August 6.

Mr Burke said: "On August 5 Iain and I went for a walk...while we were out I offered him a lift in case he wanted to go somewhere.

"At around 7.30am the following morning I went to see Iain but he was fast asleep so I left and went out as planned.

"At 10.14am I received a text from Iain saying he was going into Taunton. At 10.36am I got a call from Iain saying that he had got a bus into Taunton."

Mr Burke subsequently tried unsuccessfully to contact Mr Mitchell-Snudden several times over the ensuing hours and reported him missing to police the following day.

He said the 32-year-old had previously lived at Lindley House in Taunton but had struggled while living there.

The court heard Mr Mitchell-Snudden had previously taken drugs but Mr Burke said he had been clean since he had lived with him.

A toxicology report revealed Mr Mitchell-Snudden had 113mg of alcohol in his blood at the time of his death, which is above the legal limit for driving.

A specialist test also revealed metabolites of a synthetic cannabinoid, 5FADB, were also found in his system at the time of his death.

Dr Peter Beresford said it appears Mr Mitchell-Snudden took a synthetic cannabinoid shortly before he died and the drugs have been linked to symptoms including cardiac problems and hallucinations.

The coroner then read a forensic pathologist report concluding there was no evidence of foul play and injuries to Mr Mitchell-Snudden's face were 'superficial' and sustained when he fell to the ground.

Mr Williams said: "The death of Iain Mitchell-Snudden appears to have resulted from the intoxication of synthetic cannabinoids and alcohol which probably resulted in unconsciousness while he was lying face down and had difficulty breathing."

Concluding the inquest, Mr Williams said: "On or about August 7 in a place we cannot be sure of Iain Mitchell-Snudden self-administered synthetic cannabinoids and alcohol and became unconscious and developed fatal breathing problems which led to asphyxiation."