FIREFIGHTERS rushed to a property in Combe St Nicholas to tackle a chimney fire. 

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service sent one fire engine from Chard to a property in The Avenue, Combe St Nicholas at 7pm on Wednesday (January 16) following a call from a concerned owner. 

When the crew arrived the incident commander confirmed there was a chimney fire at the property.

The crew quickly extinguished the fire from the hearth using chimney equipment.

The incident was handed over to the occupier.