A VEHICLE was badly damaged after a fire in Crewkerne.

Firefighters were called to Jubilee Close at 9.54am on Wednesday (October 3) following reports of a vehicle fire.

One fire engine from Crewkerne went to the scene.

When firefighters arrived the officer in charge confirmed the vehicle was heavily smoke logged.

To stop the fire from escalating, firefighters used breathing apparatus, a thermal imaging camera, small tools and hose reel jets.

The vehicle was thirty percent damaged by fire.

The cause of the fire was believed to be accidental due to an electrical fault.