A MAN was treated by paramedics after fire broke in Englands Way, Chard.

Firefighters were called to the scene at 5.30pm today (Thursday, September 6) after reports of a cooker on fire.

Crews swiftly doused the blaze but there was damage to the cooker as well as slight smoke damage to the rest of the flat.

A male casualty was treated at the scene by paramedics after inhaling smoke.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Resuce confirmed that the cause of the fire is believed to have been accidental.