TWO fire crews and an ambulance rushed to a motorhome near Chard after reports of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The fire engines were sent to Stant Way, Combe St Nicholas, shortly before 2am yesterday (January 6).

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue serivce said: "Two fire appliances from Chard were mobilised following a call from the Ambulance, requesting our attendance to assist them with a potential Carbon Monoxide leak at a property, where the female occupant was feeling ill with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms.

"Shortly after arriving crews confirmed that a Carbon Monoxide alarm was sounding and set to work investigating inside the motorhome, using a gas detection monitor.

"At the same time we were also administering oxygen to the female occupant, who was suffering from nausea, headaches and vomiting.

"Low levels of Carbon Monoxide were detected, as the property had been partially ventilated prior to our arrival."

The incident was brough under control at around 2.30am with the property made safe and ventilated, and duty of care for the incident and casualty were left in the hands of the Ambulance crew.