A MAN was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in Martock. 

Firefighters were called to a property on Steppes Meadow at 9.26am today (October 11) after reports of a fire.

Two fire engines from Martock, an Operational Assurance Officer and one fire engine from Yeovil attended the incident. 

When they arrived, crews saw the bungalow was smoke logged and worked with two breathing masks and one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire. 

Fire crews confirmed that all residents were free and clear of the property.

At 9.49am firefighters requested for an ambulance to attend as a man who lived in the property was suffering from slight smoke inhalation. 

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: "There was 60 per cent smoke damage to room of origin which was the bedroom.

"Crews extinguished the fire using one hose reel jet, one covering jet, two breathing apparatus, positive pressure fan and a triple extension ladder. 

"The cause of the fire was accidental."