Highways England Regulation 8 of The Infrastructure Planning (Compulsory Acquisition) Regulations 2010 Notice of proposed changes to an accepted Development Consent Order A303 Sparkford to llchester Dualling schemeNotice ID: BOU1041476
Highways England Regulation 8 of The Infrastructure Planning (Compulsory Acquisition) Regulations 2010 Notice of proposed changes to an accepted Development Consent Order A303 Sparkford to llchester Dualling scheme
An application for development consent ("the DCO application") was submitted by Highways England to the Secretary of State, c/o the Planning Inspectorate, on Friday 27 July 2018 and was accepted on Thursday 23 August 2018. The reference number applied to the DCO application is TR010036. This consultation concerns changes to that application which are proposed to be sought by Highways England. Notice is hereby given that Highways England Company Limited of Bridge House, 1 Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, GU1 4LZ ("the Applicant") proposes to make an application to amend the DCO application as made, including changes to the areas of land which would be subject to powers of compulsory acquisition.
The DCO application is for an order which would authorise the creation of a high quality dual carriageway between Sparkford and llchester. The proposed development ("the scheme") in summary involves:
- Construction of a new dual carriageway that follows the existing A303 from east of Podimore Roundabout to Downhead. At this point the road moves north before reverting to follow the route of the existing A303 in the direction of Hazlegrove.
- Retention of some existing sections of the A303 as a parallel road to provide local travel connectivity.
- Provision of a new junction allowing local traffic access to the new dual carriageway in the vicinity of Downhead.
- Provision of a new junction allowing local traffic access to the new dual carriageway in the vicinity of Hazlegrove.
The DCO would authorise the compulsory acquisition of land, interests in land and rights over land, and the powers to use land permanently and temporarily for the construction, operation and maintenance of the scheme.
The DCO would make provisions in connection with several ancillary matters, including: carrying out civil engineering or other works; the temporary stopping up of lengths of existing highways in the vicinity of the route; the classification of highways including the trunking of sections of highway; the specification of the classes of traffic authorised to use a highway; and, the appropriation of a highway for which the person proposing to construct or improve a highway is the highway authority. The Applicant proposes to request the following changes to the DCO:
- An amendment to the layout, siting and size of the main construction compound which requires additional land to be added to the land affected by the DCO and which would allow the removal of some of the land currently affected for the main construction compound and the removal of much of the land proposed for the secondary construction compound.
- A change to proposed accommodation works to ensure suitable access to Blackwell Farm is maintained which requires additional land to be added to the land affected by the DCO.
- A revision to the Book of Reference to clarify the interests of Hazlegrove School which would be affected by the compulsory acquisition powers sought under the DCO. This change does not affect the area of land affected but amends the category of interests held to correctly note the access rights held by Hazlegrove School which would be interfered with by the DCO.
- An amendment to the shape of Plot 7/8b shown on Sheet 7 of the Land Plans to ensure its southern extent aligns fully with the northern verge of Gason Lane.
The land required for these changes is
- The addition of 98,589 sqm of agricultural land lying to the south of the A303, and the north of the B3151 and marked as plot 2/5e on the map;
- The removal of 47,095 sqm of agricultural land lying to the south of the A303, and the north of the B3151 previously forming part of plot 2/5b, which lies to immediate east of the land shown as plot 2/5e on the map and to the south of the remaining section of plot 2/5b;
- The addition of 580 sqm of land forming highway verge, boundary fencing and hedgerow at the junction of Blackwell Road and Traits Lane, and marked as plots 7/1 d, 7/1 e, and 7/7e on the map; and
- The removal of 2026 sqm of agricultural land lying to the south of the A303, north of Blackwell Road and east of Traits Lane, previously forming plot 7/7b.
- The increase in size of Plot 7/8b from 206 sqm to 209 sqm.
The compensation for the additional land proposed to be subject to compulsory acquisition has been allowed for by Highways England in the budget for the scheme, further details of which are contained in the supplemental funding statement. Copies of the proposed changes, a map showing the land affected, a supplemental Book of Reference and a Statement of Reasons setting out why the land is required and further detail of how the acquisition of the land is to be funded are available for inspection free of charge from 14 March 2019 until 22 April 2019 at the following location and times:
Yeovil Library, King George Street, Yeovil BA20 1PY
09:30 - 17:30
09:30 - 18:00
09:30 - 17:30
09:30 - 18:00
09:30 - 17:30
09:30 - 16:00
Haynes International Motor Monday to Sunday Museum, Sparkford, Yeovil BA22 7LH
9.30am to 5.30pm
These documents can also be viewed online at the National Infrastructure website for the Application: https://infrastructure.planninginspectorate. gov.uk/projects/south-west/a303-sparkford-to-ilchester-dualling/ On request, a CD / DVD / USB containing these documents will be provided free of charge using the contact details at the end of this notice. If you do not have access to a computer a printed copy of these documents can be sent to you if requested. A charge of £250 will be made for each copy provided.
Any person may make representations on the Application to the Secretary of State (including giving notice of any interest in the Application or the land affected by it, or making any comment on or objection to the Application). Any representation relating to the Application must be submitted on a registration form and give the grounds on which it is made.
The Registration and Relevant Representation form will be made available by the Planning Inspectorate on the relevant page for the Application via the National Infrastructure website: https://infrastructure. planninginspectorate.gov.uk/projects/south-west/a303-sparkford-to-ilchester-dualling/.
Alternatively, you can request a hard copy of the form by telephoning 0303 444 5000 quoting the name of the Application and the Planning Inspectorate reference TR010036. A completed hard copy form to be submitted to the Planning Inspectorate should be sent to:
The Planning Inspectorate, National Infrastructure Planning, Temple Quay House, 2 The Square, BRISTOL, BS1 6PN
Please quote reference number TR010036 in all correspondence with the Planning Inspectorate about this Application.
Representations must be received by the Planning Inspectorate
no later than 22 April 2019. Please note that all representations submitted to the Planning Inspectorate will be published on the National Infrastructure website for the Application.
Further information about the Application may be obtained from Highways England as follows:
Post: A303 Sparkford to llchester Project Team, Highways England, 2/07k Temple Quay House, 2 The Square, Temple Quay, Bristol, BS1 6 HA
Email: A303SparkfordtollchesterDuallina@hiahwavsenaland.co.uk Telephone: 0300 123 5000 [14 March 2019]