BERT Robinson lifted the annual Super Seniors title at Windwhistle last Wednesday.

The competition, open to all members over the age of 75, attracted an entry of 18.

In fine conditions scoring was good and no fewer than ten members made scores over 30 points.

Brian Anderson was top of the leaderboard after 12 holes but faded away at the finish to be overtaken by John Wallis who maintained his momentum to finish with a fine level par score of 36.

This was just beaten by one point by Robinson who had a steady round with no blemishes.

Result: 1 Bert Robinson 37pts, 2 John Wallis 36pts, 3 Brian Anderson 34pts.

Thirty Seniors attended the Monday meeting when the format was a three man team Stableford competition.

Roger Stone led his trio to victory by the smallest of margins over the team led by Geoff Dean, both sides breaking the 80 barrier.

Result: 1 Roger Stone, Des Denning & Chris Denman 83pts; 2 Geoff Dean, Brian Hodder & Robin Flower 82pts; 3 Richard Forster, Mick Aldridge & Mike Hone 77pts.

On Tuesday, the match team travelled North to compete against a strong Fosse Way team.

In what was to be a tight match, the first three games were lost, two of them at the final hole.

Windwhistle recovered in games four and five but the win in the final game needed to take a draw failed to materialise and the home side won 4-2.

Scores: Alan Davis & Richard Hall lost by 1 hole; Bob Hollingworth & Norman Markby lost by 2 holes; Richard Forster & Nobby Hodder lost 3 & 2; Barrie Heath & Robin Flower won by 1 hole; Bert Robinson & Trevor Dobson won by 2 holes; John Chance & Mick Aldridge lost by 4 & 3.

The Seniors finished off the week on Friday with a home tie in the first round of the Knighton Heath trophy.

Heavy rain early on put the match in doubt, but with the appearance of the sun and the ground staff with squeegies, a late start was made.

A strong senior side was in attendance and this proved to be too much for a weakened Dudsbury team.

Heavy wins at in the first four games gave Windwhistle the impetus they needed and with Danny Dowell winning by 7 & 6, the match was over, the home side winning by 8-2 to clinch a place in the second round.