doc

CHURCH Steet in Ilchester has reopened following a fire at a bed and breakfast.

The road had to be closed for over an hour following a fire in the kitchen.

Fire crews and the incident support unit from Yeovil and Martock were sent to a property on Church Street at 2.41pm to reports of smoke coming from a property.

On arrival, crews confirmed smoke issuing from the premises and got to work to investigate.

Just after 3pm the fire was believed to be extinguished, it was contained to the kitchen on the ground floor of the property.

The fire was extinguished using two hose reels, six breathing apparatus and positive pressure ventilation.

There's also slow traffic on the High Street.