THREE Chard residents have been left devastated and homeless after a fire tore through their maisonette destroying almost all their belongings and leaving the place uninhabitable.

Sean Brun, girlfriend Hannah Clark and friend Thomas Owen, were all out at work when neighbours spotted smoke pouring from their bedroom window.

The blaze started in Sean’s bedroom due to what is believed to be an electrical fault.

Mr Brun said the trio were now without anywhere to live.

“I was at work on Thursday when I got a few messages saying the house was on fire,” he said.

“I lost everything - driving licence, family photos, clothes, furniture.

“We have been left on the street really.”

Following the fire, Sean’s friend Dom set up a GoFundMe page to put the trio back on their feet.

Since then, Sean, Hannah and Tom have been overwhelmed by the donations they have received, and they have been inundated with spare clothing.

Sean added: “Dom has been amazing so far and we have put up some posters around Chard. The people of Chard have been so generous. We have had donations from everywhere, Chard, even out in Tatworth and Chaffcombe.

“This is probably the hardest thing I have ever had to go through and the people have been so great.

“We have been overloaded with clothes. We will still need to get furniture but we can’t store it anywhere at the moment.”

The trio have been offered a council flat in Yeovil, but they do not drive and work in Chard so they cannot relocate to the other side of South Somerset.

Dom said: “The GoFundMe campaign was set up as in the fire everything they ever owned was lost, clothes, electronics, furniture. Basically they only had the clothes on their back left, the entire flat is completely destroyed.

“I set it up to get anything they can back so they can get on their feet again.

“Me and Sean have been friends since we were children. He’s always been a good solid friend when I needed him, and a hard working guy.”

To support the trio, visit