ONE man has been taken to hospital in "a life threatening condition" after taking the drug Ketamine at the Glastonbury Festival.
Glastonbury police say the man suffered an adverse reaction to the banned Class B early this morning (June 26).
They posted on Twitter: "A man is seriously ill in hospital and we suspect he’s taken ketamine. His family have been told. Please don’t take drugs at Glasto."
The festival, which will be attended by around 200,000 people at its peak, has suffered its first fatality after a 67-year-old woman died on site.
Police say she died from natural causes and her death is not being treated as suspicious.
Despite these two events, it is understood that arrests are 50% down compared to this time last year with 12 arrests made so far for drugs-related offences and thefts.
There have been fewer reports of mobile phones being stolen, but police have said there has been an increase in theft of money.