Kitchen fire at Old Town flats in Chard

Kitchen fire at Old Town flats in Chard

Kitchen fire at Old Town flats in Chard

First published in News

TWO fire crews were sent to the Old Town flats in Chard tonight after somebody reported their kitchen was on fire.

The 999 call was made around 6pm.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “On arrival crews found a small fire in the kitchen area.

“The fire was extinguished using two breathing apparatus wearers and one foam extinguisher.

“The property was ventilated using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

“The cause of the fire was accidental and the block of flats sustained smoke damage.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree